Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Holden

For this blog I chose the part in chapter seventeen when Holden calls Sally a "royal pain in the ass."  I think Holden says this because he liked Sally but he realized she was very fake and phony.  I don't think he wanted to call Sally that, but his thoughts just came out.  I think that since he likes her for her looks that he didn't want to hurt her feelings, but it sort of slipped.  To me Holden likes Sally for who she is on the outside.  I think that if it weren't for her good looks Holden wouldn't bother.  Because Holden doesn't like people who are fake and phoney Sally's probably not the girl for him.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I think that Holden was being shallow. I think that Holden might have thought at the beginning that since she is beautiful maybe he might find a true person with it or he wanted to believe that there was a real person with the looks. But he realized she was just good looking and not his cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's like when Holden was fighting stradlater when strand later got off of him he said wash his face and Holden says to wash his moron face. He's just being his childish ways because he's mad.

    ReplyDelete