Wednesday, April 18, 2012

grief

when I read about Holdens brothers death and the grief he had.  I kind of understood why he reacted the way he did because I have gone though similar experiences.  Two years ago my family got a new kitten for Christmas and we had him for about a year.  One day I came home and he wasn't there and my mom told me he was at the vet. he had surgery and was fine afterwards. he had a foot long piece of string in his stomach.  My cat died that night while recovering.  About 3 days later another cat who my parents have had before I was born got really sick. we took him to the vet and the vet said he was suffering from old age problems so he was euthanized.  I think that Holden still grieves about Allies death because he wrote about Allies glove.  I like Holden because he still feels for his brothers death even though it was a while ago.  He smashed all the windows in the garage because of his brothers death.  He even says that his hand still "hurts" and that he cant make a fist because of how upset he was about allies death.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you were able to connect with Holden, and your cat story is so sad, but an interesting way to relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you connected it to our cats but it would have been better to know how you would feel if your actual brother

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the connection, because i have 13 cats right now, and 7 kittens, most of them die before the first month.

    ReplyDelete